- The second training school “Advances in the field diagnosis of helminth infections and anthelmintic
resistance in ruminants” took place from 12 to 14 June 2019 in CREMOPAR (Eboli, Salerno). Twenty
participants and 5 trainers from 17 countries participated in a combusted workshop with lectures, practicals
and a field trip.
Testimonial Verónica Castilla Gómez de Agüero
Testimonial Walter Basso
- The first training school “Socio-economic aspects of helminth infections and AR” was organised on 21-23
November 2018 in Bruges. Three days of intensive lectures, exercises and discussions were appreciated by the
22 participants and 6 trainers coming from 13 countries.
Testimonial Barbara Hinney
Testimonial Teresa Letra Mateus
- The next COMBAR joint MC-WG meetings are planned (pending covid-restrictions) on 7-9 October in Kaunas, Lithuania
- COMBAR Core Group meeting, 19 March 2020, Antwerp, Belgium
- COMBAR WG 3 workshop “Integrating control with grazing and TST”, 17-19 February 2020, Belfast, Northern
- COMBAR 3rd joint MC and WG meeting was held in Ghent, Belgium from 27 until 29 August and was organised jointly
with the American Consortium of Small Ruminant Parasite Control.
- COMBAR 2nd Joint MC and WG meeting in León, Spain, September 26-27
- COMBAR core group meeting, 02-05-2018, Brussels, 10 participants
- COMBAR joint WG and MC meeting, 31-01-2018, Warsaw Poland, 59 participants
- COMBAR core group meeting, Toulouse, 28-10-2017, 8 participants
- COMBAR kick-off meeting, Brussels, 19-09-2017, 16 participants
Short Term Scientific Missions
Open call for STSMs in Grant Period 4:
STSM are aimed at supporting individual mobility and at strengthening the existing networks and fostering collaborations by allowing scientists to visit an institution in another participating COST country.
According to COST recommendations we recommend that:
- travel is planned not earlier than September 2020
- all individuals purchase travel cancellation insurance which is an eligible expense and check if it covers cancellation for covid-restriction reasons, please check the Vademecum for further information.https://www.cost.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Vademecum-V8-1-May-20202.pdf
- check for any changes on COST recommendations here: https://www.cost.eu/who-we-are/about-cost/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-actions/
However, it is important to take into account the situation in the host countries before applying and to follow all recommendations during the trip and stay.
Please, find attached all information about the current call. For this Fourth Grant Period (May 2020 – April 2021) there is an open call for applicants to fund initially up to 4 STSM. Deadline for submission of applications is on 1 March 2021 and STSM have to be concluded by the 5 April 2021.
The online STSM application form can be accessed at https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login/STSM (link opens in new window, an e-COST profile is required and can be created if needed).
|Name||Grant Period||Title||Home Institution||Home Country||Host Institution||Host Country||Working Group|
|Andres García Campos||1||Evaluation of the direct activity of plant extracts against ruminant gastrointestinal nematodes in vitro||University College Dublin||Ireland||INRA Toulouse||France||3|
|Vahel Ameen||1||Comparison of Droplet Digital PCR and Pyrosequencing Assay for Detection of Benzimidazole Resistance in
|Freie Universität Berlin||Germany||Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Sweden||1|
|Marcin Mickiewicz||2||Introduction to most common in vitro techniques to detect anthelmintic resistance of parasites of
|Warsaw University of Life Sciences||Poland||Slovak Academy of Sciences||Slovakia||1|
|Charlotte Smith Bonde||2||Bioactive products from seaweed for parasite control, SEAPAR||University of Copenhagen||Denmark||University of León||Spain||3|
|Michaela Komáromyová||2||Genotyping of Haemonchus contortus L1 larvae in the Egg Hatch Test via droplet digital PCR||Institute of Parasitology (Košice)||Slovakia||Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Sweden||1|
|Paulius Baltrusis||2||Resistance to Benzimidazoles identification in sheep parasite Haemonchus contortus via Pyrosequencing
and droplet digital PCR
|Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Sweden||Freie Universität||Germany||1|
|Helga Waap||2||Survey of helminths and assessment of anthelmintic resistance in the Merino Branca sheep breed in
|Instituto Nacional de Investigação Agrária e Veterinária (Lisbon)||Portugal||Faculty of Veterinary MedicineInstitute for Parasitology and Tropical Veterinary Medicine||Germany||1|
|Lavinia Ciuca||2||Faecal egg count and faecal egg count reduction test in sheep and goats||University of Naples Federico II (Naples)||Italy||Veterinary Research Institute, Hellenic Agricultural Organisation- Demeter (former NAGREF),
|Alessandra Amadesi||2||Mini-FLOTAC automated system||University of Naples Federico II (Napoli, Italy)Italy||Italy||Ghent University||Belgium||1|
|Maria Elena Morgoglione||2||Comparison between conventional microscopy (Mini-FLOTAC) with DNA-based technology for helminths,
protozoa and microbiome in large ruminants
|University of Naples Federico II (Napoli, Italy)Italy||Italy||Bristol Veterinary School, Faculty of Health Science, Langford, Bristol||United Kingdom||1|
|Aleksandra Vergles Rataj||3||Combatting anthelmintic resistance in ruminants||UL Veterinary Faculty. Ljubljana||Slovenia||Moredun Research Institute||United Kingdom||3|
|Dominika Mravčáková||3||Experimental haemonchosis in lambs: effect of medicinal herbs on histopathology||Centre of Biosciences of the Slovak Academy of Sciences||Slovakia||Epidemiology and Economics, Warsaw University of Life||Poland||3|
|Filip Štrbac||3||The methodology of the diagnostics of parasitic infections and methods for evaluating the efficacy of
|Faculty of Agriculture (Novi Sad)||Serbia||CREMOPAR - The Regional Center for Monitoring Parasitic Infections||Italy||1|
|Daniel Yasur-Landau||3||Conventional and molecular approaches to examine anthelmintic drug efficacy in
|National Veterinary services - Israel (Bet Dagan)||Israel||Freie Universität||Germany||1|
|Maiken Gravdal||3||Introduction to molecular techniques for detection of gastrointestinal helminths and possible
|Norwegian University of Life Sciences||Norway||Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Sweden||1|
|Francesca Shepherd||3||Chemical analysis of condensed tannins in heather used for alternative parasite control||Scotland's rural college (Edinburgh)||United Kingdom||University of Turku||Finland||3|
Meet us at following events
- WAAVP 2021. 28th International Conference of the World
Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology, Dublin, 18-22 July 2021.
- EMOP 2020. 13th European Multicolloquium of Parasitology
“Changing climate, changing parasites”, Belgrade, 25-29 August 2020.